Preparation of license and registration applications.
Design and construction of radiation safety manuals to support license/registration applications.
Presentation of the following REQUIRED training courses:
3 day (24 hr) Well Logging and Tracer Studies radiation safety course, required for logging/tracer supervisors by rule.
- 2 day (16 hr) RSO course (for small to medium programs, although others are welcome)
- 1 day (8 hr) Moisture Density Gauge (MDG) radiation safety training course.
- 1 day (8 hr) Spinning Pipe Gauge (SPG) radiation safety training course.
The above courses include the required HAZMAT training, when applicable.
Special training courses designed and presented upon request
Preparation of license and registration applications and design of supportive radiation safety manuals.
- Performance of inspections, surveys, and safety evaluations of licensee/registrant programs to assure compliance.
- Assistance with radiation incidents.
- Design of special security programs and performance of periodic program reviews.
BA, Physics, University of Texas at Austin, 1972
MS, Environmental Science (Health Physics), University of Texas at Houston, School of Public Health, 1979
Texas Medical Physics License Number MP0327 - Specialty: Medical Health Physics
Retired from the Texas Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control. Over 35 years of health physics experience in radiation regulatory processes. 9 years of consulting experience.
Location: Round Rock, Texas USA
Last update: December 1, 2013
Services of John R Haygood, Consultant in Radiation Safety